The Blog has a NEW NAME!

Update:  We never actually moved!  And I went back to the old name.  Go figure.


The Persimmon Perch (old blog name) came about from a tree swing under a Persimmon Tree that grew in the backyard of our first home together.  We have listed our second home for sale now and have an idea of where we are going (still in Broken Arrow).  But, that means the old Persimmon Perch is long out of our lives and doesn't make much sense anymore.  I mean two of our kiddos never even lived in that first house!

So, since this family blog is mainly written and photographed from my perspective I just used my name.  Could anyone actually spell persimmon correctly the first time?  I never could until my fingers memorized it like they memorized the keyboard in typing class.  Do they still teach typing?

So here we are.  I was reminded even when I ignored this family blog due to lack of time or the fact that all the kids are in school now they spend more of their day away from me than with me. The blog is our family diary. If facebook disappeared tomorrow we would still have our story of life together.

It is how our kids remember their childhood and it tells one very important story of faith through trials and obstacles to get our youngest daughter.  Blogs like this one helped us have the confidence to go for adoption when it seemed unknown and scary.  I want to be able to help others do the same. Because as long as there are orphans out there they need brave people to bring them home.

I'm not sure how to fix all the links quickly so if you haven't seen our adoption story or just want to revisit it here it is: https://youtu.be/xOk0gQXXIbE

Popular Posts