Day Two: Our Prayers

Day Two:
We woke up early this morning in Beijing and caught a flight to Guangzhou where we will meet our daughter tomorrow.  It is all a little overwhelming and paints a great picture for us of how our daughter is going to feeling in the next few weeks  as nothing is familiar.  The hotel is great we spent the evening getting our bearings here do tomorrow we can just focus on Caroline.

Our girl. Tonight is her very last night in the orphanage. Tomorrow she will be driven by bus or car 8 hours to where we are the capital of her province. She will be handed over to people she has never known who look different, smell different , and talk different. Then her caretakers will leave and the loss will set in. How I wish I could show her the big picture for her life and the love that awaits.  Grief will come but I pray it is short lived.

Lord I pray for her little heart as she will suffer trauma tomorrow being stripped of everything and everyone she has known or placed trust in. Lord I pray that you help us have enough grace and wisdom to give her all she needs.  That you will quickly bring healing and joy to her. 

Tomorrow there will be one less orphan. Tomorrow she will be a daughter.  Tomorrow I will sing her Jesus loves me because He does. 

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
John 14:18
18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.



Comments

Popular Posts