Our Letter to Caroline

This is officially the very last post Stateside...next post will be from China!!!

We are packing and packing and packing but I wanted to include this letter as I want to be able to read it to our daughter as she asks about her story and how much we loved her for so long before we met her.  At the time we wrote this she had just turned four...

To Our Beautiful Little Girl,

We are your new forever family!  We are so excited to have you as our daughter!  We look at your picture everyday.  We hope you will get to look at our pictures to see what we look like and what your new house will look like.

Soon Mama and Daddy will come and see you and give you lots of hugs and kisses.  We will call you by your new name Caroline which means joyful.  After a few days together we will take a big trip on an airplane to our home where you will get to meet your big sister named Savannah. She is 6 and very excited that you will share a room with her.  You also have a big brother named Jack who is 4 and a little brother named Luke who is 2.   We live in a house with a big backyard to play in with swings and a playhouse.  We also have a pet fish that is red.

We think you are very beautiful, smart and FUN and we are lucky to have YOU Caroline Miao Juan as our daughter.  We love you and will never leave you.  Mama and Daddy can’t wait to hold you and play with you.  We are excited to find out what you like to do and teach you lots of new things. 

See you soon!  With all our love!  Mama and Daddy

Dear Caroline,
This is Savannah I am 6.  I’m your big sister.  I love you.  We are going to share a room together at our house.  I like to play with dolls and stuffed animals and can’t wait to play with you. I am learning to read and can’t wait to read you books.  You are going to be the best sister ever and a great friend! 
Love, Savannah

Dear Caroline,
This is Jack I am almost 4.  I’m your big brother.  I can’t wait to play with you.  Sometimes I’m silly and I like to make people laugh.  I like to play pretend and can’t wait to tell you about animals.  I love you! -Jack

Dear Caroline,

This is Luke I am 2.  I am learning to talk.  I love to look at your picture and say “Sister”.  And then I kiss your picture because I love you.  I love to play with toy cars and play in the water.  -Luke

UPDATE: After we brought Caroline home they gave us these pictures of her getting her book:




Four more days until you are in our arms Caroline!!!

(She is 3 in these pictures!)


Comments

Popular Posts