Adding to your Recipe Box

So today I'm going to share a new recipe for our family.  It was Soooo good!  Soooo good that the kids ate it for a snack after school and then ate big serving for dinner too.

This is by no means a "cooking" blog because I don't "think" cooking.  I cook because it is a part of my job description as wife and mom.  And there are negatives about every job.  To me this is one of them.  I got married at 29 and up until then I was perfectly content with a bowl of cereal or a smart one for dinner.  Then I married a man who requires meat with every meal.  This was actually one of the most challenging parts of us learning to be married!

This IS a family blog and I do like to keep "family" recipes around so that

 1. I can remember the good ones.

 2.  My kids can have our "heirloom" recipes they grew up eating.

This recipe is (Crockpot) Cheese Tortellini and Sausage.  Grant came home and said, "Wow, that looks fancy what got into you?"

1. Brown 1 lb of ground sausage (I used Italian).  This is the hard part.

2. Put the sausage and all of these other things in the crockpot on low for 5-6 hours.

1 (19 oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini
1 bag of fresh spinach
1 (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
2 cans low-fat chicken broth
2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes

With four kids Walmart is "THE store".  Plus it is the only thing close to our house.
3. Eat!

This was found on my Mom's counter but it originally came from KeyIngredient 




Comments

  1. That looks good, Julie. I will have to try it. I love recipes that have been tried and loved by family members. I sometimes post recipes, too, as a way of documenting family traditions and new ideas....and just remembering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The remember is probably more for me that for anyone! I get in a rut and forget good ones from just the last year.

      Delete
  2. They don't sell Tortellini in Moscow but they have something similar - Russian Pelmeni! Did you ever try that? I think I'll try this recipe with that substitution and see how it goes. Looks yummy! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't say I've ever tried that ...but next time I'm in Moscow ;) Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts