Made it Monday


This week for Made it Monday I did my own little version of the  Red Letter Words signs.  If you haven't seen this business before you should check them out.  I love what they are doing.

I just didn't have it in my budget this month to order one.  My little version cost me about $5.  I used a 40% coupon from Hobby Lobby and picked up a 14" x 18" stretched canvas.

First thing is to spray paint the whole canvas which ever color you want.  I had some left over Red that I thought would look great for Christmas.

Next I used the computer and made my project 14" x 18" and typed out the verse just the way I wanted it on my finished project.

Print out the words and cut them out.

Then the time consuming process of tracing your letters onto the canvas with a pencil.

 Then I used puff paint since it has that nice tip to color in the letters.
This part only took about 30 minutes.

Let Dry and Hang.  I love the way it turned out.  I actually may do this again sometime. The only change  I would make is to use painter's tape to keep the words in line.



What have you MADE?
1.  Enter the link to the post you are showing off; not the home-page of your blog.
2. You must have a link back to Made it Mondays on your post somewhere so people can continue viewing everybody's creations.  You may also include the Made it Mondays logo (optional)


Comments

  1. Oh I *Love* Red Letter Words! I was trying to figure out how to re-create a large canvas for my sons playroom - Thank you so much for the information!!! Yours looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that! I've never seen Red Letter Words - I'll have to go check them out too!!
    I love your version though!

    ~TidyMom

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER neat project! love it!

    Stop by...

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sign!!! Might have to try that myself. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that turned out wonderful! I love it. It is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My niece has a cricut and purchased a computer program accessory. She was showing me some of the fun things she can do, one of which would be to cut out all those letters for you. Did you see the project I did with the paintable, sandable craft paper? Then you could just add some modge podge and be done. Her computer program will even attach the letters together so all you have to do is glue each word down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find handpainting words so very time consuming but always love the results. You'll look at that with great happiness and satisfaction for years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're couldn't be anything more beautiful to display than the true meaning of Christmas! Stop by and see my creation this week and let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this really is so cute i love how creative you are. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was awesome! I want one for my bedroom I will have to show my mom this it is awesome!I repeat this is awesome!!!!!


    your's truly,
    Sydney the niece

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I have visited Red Letter Words SO many times, but Just couldn't spend the money. I am SOOO excited to see your version! thanks for linking up, is it okay if I share this project in the "Round-up" post?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts