Made it Monday 4.26.10

I am really excited about what I was able to accomplish this week in Jack's nursery.  I can't believe this is my last week in the 2nd trimester.  This pregnancy seems to be flying by.    
Above his dresser/changing table I thought I would incorporate a little decorative touch and some organization that he won't be able to easily get to.  So I came up with this...

A pegboard project.  First I new that I wanted his name in his room so painting letters was the easy part.  I hot glued them to the board since they are extremely light I knew they would stay put.  

The baskets I found at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 a piece they were already that fun lime green color so I went for it.  They are up there with peg board hooks that you can buy at Walmart or Home Depot.  I haven't quite decided what I'm going to fill them with yet.  Although one of the bottom baskets will be diapers!

The last challenge was a add a mirror.  I went with Candle plates in different size circles.  The problem is they are HEAVY and GLASS!  So I bought some of the famous Gorilla Glue and went to town; I added a little hot glue around the edge to hold them in place until the Gorilla Glue had time to set up.  Those mirrors won't ever come down now.

What have you MADE this week???

Comments

  1. That is so cute. And very functional, too. Where do you get the energy. All I did when I was pregnant was eat and sleep. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright cheery colors and what a great creative idea. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do i grab your button to add to my post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pegboard is such a clever idea, I'll have to find a place that it may work in my room I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the orange pegboard. Thanks for hosting again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun, bright, happy, love-filled room. hope you are feeling well! thanks for a fun party..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pegboard idea! It caught my eye immediately because my son's name is also Jack. :) Thanks for hosting again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea, so bright and colorful, too! Bet Jack loves it.
    I tried to link in several times, but getting an error message from McKlinky. You can visit me at http://heidi-heartandhome.blogspot.com
    Thanks for hosting!
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little guy has a great room! I love that his name is on the board, but it's also very functional.

    It's my first time to your blog. I will definitely be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out so cute, love that idea. Thanks for the link party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rosie- someone gave me the advise before my first to do the nursery when you are in your 2nd trimester because by your third you are exhausted and too stressed to really do what you want in there. It worked with Savannah's nursery so I followed the advice again with Jack's and I'm sooo thankful I did. He's started to get heavy...and so am I :(

    Becca; Most people just copy/paste the Made it Monday logo picture into their entry. Here is the link if you need it. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_M97x672-1f8/Sq1dFpNeWTI/AAAAAAAAAjs/To6BAUuKCoA/s320/MIMButton150.jpg

    Thanks! Jules

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute as can be! sooo cheerful and easy to use! Thanks for hosting another terrific party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so well organized and it's going to really pay off! It's so fun and bright too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you send me your button code so I can have the button instead of just the link for my list of parties.

    Also I lost evey one of my Featured buttons--have I ever been featured on your blog--it is hard to remember them all

    Cheri cheri@itssoverycheri.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi There!, I joined as a follower and I have a new blog starting up called Tools Are For Women Too! I hope you will drop by. I am also interested in putting your parties on my Link Directory, if you will also link to my party. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks, Rory

    ReplyDelete
  16. Since i am here a lot, i wanted you to know about my give away on my blog and i don't want you to miss it. I will not Link my party to other party :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi There!
    I recently added a Link Party Directory to my blog site, Tools Are For Women Too!, listing just over 100 link parties. I made sure that The Persimmon Perch was included. Here is the link http://toolsareforwomentoo.blogspot.com/p/link-parties.html Please take a look at it when you have time and link back to me somehow ,if possible. Thank you. Rory

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts