YAY FOR FAMILY PICTURES

Just like the painters house is never painted my family is never photographed.  I'm working on changing that and jumping in pictures with my husband and kids.  Often my own self esteem issues get in the way but I want them to know that I was there and present in their lives too.  With a big push from our sweet friends the Smiths Grant even got a few "kissing" pictures ;)  a dream fulfilled I think.    
 Sunset the "golden hour" doesn't last long and to get two families photographed before we lost light was difficult so you will actually be able to tell the intensity of the sun lighten.  I like both the bright colors and the muted tones.  The only downside is the squinting but Jack was obeying so well it made me so proud of him.


 The hardest part about family pictures this year was Luke... no surprise to me actually.  He is in that one stage 14-24 months that is the hardest of all ages to photograph.  They don't understand the concept of standing still and if they do they definitely don't do it more than once usually.

Luke actually thought we were playing a game and his smiles were totally genuine which I loved so I just went with it.  There will be plenty of years that I get sweet posed smiles... this just was not one of them.

 And here we are all of us.  I love my life with these people and I'm so thankful for each of them!







 Not his most natural smile but man he was trying so hard!


 Luke totally loved the "beetch" ;)

 The helicopters that flew over were a big favorite.
 Containment by siblings was not his idea of fun...maybe next year.  I mean how cute is this pose!!!



A big big thank you to our sweet friends Lucas and Janet Smith who took all the photos I was in :)

Comments

  1. I'm so glad to find your blog. Your family has grown so much, and we miss you and love seeing your beautiful children! Teresa Hodges (MWA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks Teresa! They all wear backpacks now to some sort of school. Crazy how much they can grow in such a short time period!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts