Made it Monday 5.24.10

For Made it Monday this week I am showing you a quick and easy way to make a book shelf for a little one.  I found two wooden CD crates from Micheal's craft store in the unfinished wood section.  They were pretty cheap so I grabbed two of them.  First step was to paint them a fun color.  I tried lime green but it clashed with another green in the room so I went with this electric blue color.

The middle part of the bottom of the crate is open so this is where you have to get creative.  I had my Remington Man cut two thin pieces of board the size of the floor and I glued them in so the books don't fall through.  You could also use cardboard I think.
Screw to the wall; we used anchor bolts to make sure it stays put!  Then fill with books!

What have you MADE?

Comments

  1. Too cute! I could see using them to store a number of things. Great idea. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. They're perfect for books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting your party, it looks like fun. The books in the pretty blue crates is a good idea, keeps them coralled and Jack can choose what he wants to read. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me link up! I LOVE your little bookshelf idea--especially the COLOR, and hanging them on the wall under a window. Very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a bunch of kids' books crammed into a basket- this solution is so much better! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the idea for bookshelves!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for hosting! i don't know how i ended up putting my link in twice. i'm so sorry. i can't figure out how to delete one. help! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute bookholder!

    I hope you have stopped by and entered my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome idea! I love it! Thanks so much for hosting!!

    ~Morgan

    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute indeed!~~Dee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts