Fun and cheap stamping technique


I found this great blog tutorial today that uses everyday objects to create stamps.  I think I am going to give it a try especially since the holidays are coming.  I think with this technique you could make stamps for letters and tags for gifts.  I am looking forward to it.

The tutorial is from Obsessively Stitching but does not require sewing.  She uses these items, an eraser, cuticle remover, pencil and paper, and a stamp pad or marker.

Then I found a great list of 50 different ways that you can use stamps from Lucy.  Here are a few of my favorites:


1.  Make a personalized stamp with “handmade by ____” to mark all your creations 
2. Stamp on fabric – aprons, dishtowels, tote bags, swatches for scrapbook pages, etc  use fabric markers
3.Stamp the sides of a post-it note cube for a cute gift.
4.  With Halloween coming soon: Get non-toxic ink and stamp on yourself – makes a cool temporary tattoo! (kids love this one too).

Below are some images of handmade stamps.  Really cool!




Comments

Popular Posts