My Great Uncle John

There was a man in my life that made me unique...no one else had an Uncle John at least no one had one like mine. Quirky doesn't begin to explain things. But he was good, gentle, and there. There at all of our "big" events without fail. He made me feel special, because I was important enough to drive a beat up blue Beetle bug half way across the country. He drove that bug until the day he died, today. We were the grand kids he never had.

When I graduated high school he gave me a framed picture of my aura that he drew himself. Only my Uncle John....

When I was little he was a weird guy with an abnormally long beard who would bring us little wooden trinkets from Africa. A missionary using his gift to bring solar energy to clinics in Africa way before solar energy was cool.

He played tennis and from what I hear was VERY good at it. He was ranked at one time. I always think of him when it interupts our regular programing because I knew he was watching it.

"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight I have finished the race. I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness which the Lord , the righteous Judge will award to me on that day." 2 TIM. 3:6-8 Happy home going Uncle John. I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts