A New Start

Back to School 2015 Last year with Stuffed Animals
Probably the last year she will be asked to bring a teddy bear to school.  Jack brought a walrus for nap time.
This day went as well as I expected.  Jack and Savannah were up early and dressed (with backpacks on) before 7 AM.  They told me they would just skip breakfast today and why couldn't they just go now?  Although I intended to be at Jack's school early (not my first rodeo at PreK. In fact it's my 3rd year in a row!) I didn't intend to be over an hour early!  And I had them re-think breakfast.
Back to School

Back to SChool

Back to School

Back to School Glasses

Jack was shy with his new teacher and didn't want to wear his glasses.  But did want to get busy playing with all the new stuff and new friends.  He refused the teacher pic adamantly so I didn't push it.  My hopes were dashed and fears confirmed when I had to carry both Caroline and Luke out of Jack's school all the way to the car because 1. That is too much fun to leave. 2. I didn't finish my puzzle I started while you were busy with Jack. and 3. Some form of "Why in the world are we leaving Jack?" "We forgot him!" coming from Caroline.
Back to School Broken Arrow Public Schools 2015

Back to School Broken Arrow Public Schools 2015

By the time we made it to Savannah's school I wised up and brought the little kids in the double stroller.  I laughed when people would say Wow you have your hands full....little do they know I left Mr. Full of Life at Pre-K already.  This is the calm and cool club. :)
Back to School Broken Arrow Public Schools 2015

Savannah did great and said "Hi" to all her friends from last year.  She also rolled her eyes when I made her take a picture with her teacher.  Thankfully other Moms had the same idea so she went with it this time.  I don't think I was prepared for how quick the goodbye is in 1st grade AND they sit in desks!  The class was basically full and QUIET.  The first graders seem so big!
Back to School Broken Arrow Public Schools 2015

Back to School Broken Arrow Public Schools 2015

The three of us left and went on our walk for the day and it was just BORING!  I miss my bikers.  They truly spice up life.  On the other hand I got 4 miles in this morning so that is a plus.
Siblings by Adoption

Now home to count down the minutes until I can squish those faces and hear how great their day went!

"Lord, I pray for my kiddos today as they start a new year of school.  That they will be all that you created them to be and that they won't hide their talents and abilities out of fear.  I pray for their teachers to embrace my children and to enjoy their year and delight in the children placed in their care this year.  I pray that Savannah will make and keep special friends and that Jack will look to help his friends and be the teacher's helper this year.  I pray that you will lead me to encourage them and to pray specifically for what each of them need over this school year and help me to be a help to their teachers with what I can offer.  Help us to trust you in all things and to follow your leading. Amen"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts