Made it Monday!



It's time to show off something you MADE this week!

I found this really cute tablecloth at Target it was red so it is very festive and had snowmen on it.  And the snowmen season lasts all the way through January so I thought it would be perfect for seasonal bibs!  This particular tablecloth is plastic on one side and that soft felt like stuff on the back.  (Make sure to buy the largest size tablecloth since they are all the same price.)

I brought it home and got out one of my favorite crafting tools... pinking sheers!  They make so many things into a quick no-sew project!  If you don't have a pair I recommend getting some this week.

I used one of our old bibs I had laying around.  I extended the length to a dish towel length so it will cover her lap which is where most of the mess ends up.

Then it is cut and repeat....17 times!

 That's right...17 new, reusable, and wipeable bibs for $4.99!

Yeah!  She's cute and she likes it!

The fasten...In my 12 months of motherhood I have learned that velcro sucks! (Sorry if I offended anyone but I really don't like the stuff; somewhere around the 6 month she learned to undue the stuff and that defeats the whole purpose!)  I have invested in lots of snaps...they work and they are cute and if I make bibs as a gift I would use them; but snaps are also pricey.  For me and our house we use safety pins; I figure for years they were used to keep our diapers on so they must be safe. (I've used them for the last 2 months and her bib always stays on!)
So buy a tablecloth, get out your sheers, and go to town; your washing machine will thank you for it!


What have you MADE?
1.  Enter the link to the post you are showing off; not the home-page of your blog.
2. You must have a link back to Made it Mondays on your post somewhere so people can continue viewing everybody's creations.  You may also include the Made it Mondays logo (optional)



Comments

  1. This is a fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing. Laura@the mansion

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing your project in the DIY holiday party! If you get the chance...feel free to grab the button or link. I linked up to your fun party and I'll add your link to my post too! :)

    Have a great week! Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea!!! So many for so little! My dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea--thankfully I am out of the bib stage.
    I'll come back over and post to the linky party. I came earlier but thought maybe you weren't doing it this week.

    Cheri
    cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GENIUS! I will be making those for my daughter's daycare friends for Christmas! I'm off to Target!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, I'm going to have to make them for my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling!! I have to ask - where did you get your pinking shears. I really would love to get some!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bibs but they take second to that adorable baby!!
    Mama Holli

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, and so thrifty! I never would have thought of using a tablecloth to make bibs. I guess when you're a mom you look for easy to clean stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my kind of craft!! Easy! Thanks for playing along with Toot Your Horn Tuesday. Can't wait to see what you've done next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. I have been using the same one for a few days now and it works great! I probably will give a few away to friends since they are so reusable.

    JenJen I got the sheers at Hobby Lobby in the Fabric department. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great idea to use a tablecloth! and cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! What a FAB idea! I have some baby shower gifts in mind here!
    And I agree about velcro! And in the dryer.....Don't me STARTED!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts