Made it Monday!


I am so excited to show off my little creation this week because it is simple, quick, practical, and basically free!

I am slowly piling up the gifts for the family and looking for interesting and cheap ways to wrap them.  For my littlest niece I wanted a really big bow.  Really big bows are pricey so I thought I would make one.  From start to finish it took me 5 minutes and that was only because I had to figure out what I was going to do.

Here is the finished look!  Classy and poofy; just my style!

Any guesses on what it is made of?

                            
Coffee Filters.  Yep.  See, I told you it was practically free!

First you fold it in half and then fold it in a circle shape.

Tape the bottom with a little scotch tape.
Once you get three made go ahead and tape the bottoms together.

This is a look at the bottom with all the "3's" taped together.

Turn it over and tape it on!  Nice and poofy!   I love it!  You could also use watered down craft paint and paint them first if you want colored bows.  I might try that later.


What have you MADE?
1.  Enter the link to the post you are showing off; not the home-page of your blog.
2. You must have a link back to Made it Mondays on your post somewhere so people can continue viewing everybody's creations.  You may also include the Made it Mondays logo (optional)


Comments

  1. Oh I love this...I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by from It's So Very Cheri's party...that bow is SOO cool! can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and it's so pretty! I'll have to try this!
    Have a lovely Thanksgiving,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing - I want to dress up all my packages with them! Simply adorable! Thanks for posting and hosting! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee filters?? Are you kidding?? You would NEVER guess!! I'm definately going to make these this year. Thanks so much for sharing such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing and very classy looking....good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I'll be trying this for bows on my silver wrapping paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clever and creative and PRETTY! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity in the DIY holiday party!

    I wish I had something to join yours this week. :( Maybe next week!

    Off to check out the other projects!
    Have a great Thanksgiving week!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to try this one as I am not real good at ribbon bows! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just great. I have been saving my used ones. I think I will make one from them for a more rustic looking flower.
    Great idea.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cute. What a great idea. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love this. Cannot wait to try this on Christmas gifts! Thank you for sharing this simple, easy way to make a beautiful big bow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your comment! And thanks for hosting each Monday. I'm loving all these great ideas in one place. Also, wanted to make sure I did your link right--couldn't find a html for ur cute little button???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a GREAT idea! You'll have to repost if you decide to paint them first. I'd love to know how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love poufy and classy! :-) It's adorable and I would have never guessed it was made from a coffee filter - economical too. Great job.

    pk @ Room Remix

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome idea! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am loving this idea. I am so going to use it on holiday presents!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's ingenious! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, that's precious!!!! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely adorable & affordable! I think I'll use these on my packages this year! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts