Chili around here...

It's getting chilly around here. So out comes Gammie's family recipe.
Chili
1. Brown 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef or turkey.
2. Remove meat and sautee 2 onions in the excess grease from the meat.

Combine meat and onions in the Crock pot with 2 cans of whole tomatoes, 1 6oz can of tomato paste, 2 16oz cans kidney beans, 2 bay leaves, 1/2 tsp. ground mustard, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp vinger, and 1/2 tsp salt.
Cook on low for at least 4 hours.
Serve with cornbread!
                         
Good for little ones too.  She really liked the beans and meat.
I am posting this recipe at both Tempt my TummyTasty Tuesdays, and Crockpot Wednesdays.  Eat Yummy stuff!


Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful recipe for chili. I will enjoy making your Grandma's version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its getting to be time to eat chili again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment regarding my fall tree...i really like decorating but sometimes I do dread the "clean Up: :)...the chili looks good by the way and what a cute picture of the little one.

    Happy Decorating,
    ag

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh chili is perfect for Autumn... hmmm... I think I will make a pot SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness your daughter is too cute covered in chili! I have always thought that kids make food look good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts