Made it Monday!


Made it Monday!  This week's project was so fun for me; it is something I've been wanting to do for awhile now.  Glass etching and it turned out great!  I found out recently about a company who sells personalized dishes so that you can know whose dish is whose when you go to a potluck.  I didn't need any new dishes but I could personalize the ones I do have.  I think this is a great way to keep track of your stuff.  When I had a baby last year lots of great friends brought us dinner and it was a little hard to
remember whose dish belonged to who; this would have solved everything!

First step is to print out your name.  (Choose a font with the least amount of curves if possible)

Tape the paper to the inside and cover the outside with clear contact paper.

With a sharp exacto knife trace the letters and peel off the letters.  (This is way harder than it looks; which is why I recommend you stay away from curvy letters! If they make letter punches and you have some that would be awesome; if not take your time and persevere!

Cover the exposed glass with Armour Etch and wait 5 minutes then rinse off.  (You can find Armour Etch at Hobby Lobby and you can reuse it)

Yeah!  My personalized dish!  My only thought now is that I need to make the food really good now that my name is literally on it!  You could reverse your name before you print it and then etch it to the bottom of the dish.

What have YOU Made?


1.  Enter the link to the post you are showing off; not the home-page of your blog.
2. You must have a link back to Made it Mondays on your post somewhere so people can continue viewing everybody's creations.  You may also include the Made it Mondays logo (optional)
3.  Follow rule 1 and 2 or your link will be deleted.  You can always try again if you notice your link is missing from the party.


I am participating in Cheri's Knock Off Knock Out party too.

Comments

  1. You know I have thought about doing this on multiple occasions and even thought about etching the bottom (underneath side of my clear cooking dishes and pie pans. Even taking stuff to family events--it gets confusing who brought what.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB idea! I linked to your post and added your link to my blog post! I wish I would've visited you earlier... sorry for the late link... Better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this idea! Have seen the name etched to the bottom, but like it better on the side. Think it makes a wonderful wedding or bridal shower gift! Thanks for a great post! Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts