Just a little bit at a time...

Last week I posted here about our little home away from home (our hunting trailer).  Though I guess it is our vacation home; it maybe qualifies for 1/2 a star on the rating scale.  What it does have going for it is that it keeps us out of the weather and the foam mattresses are actually comfy!  I am slowly in the process of doing a few upgrades.  Some of them are practical like curtains for privacy...

The before condition is on the right.  I just stapled some fabric up over the window.

Here they are tied back for the day.  I forgot to bring the pinking sheers which I will next time to finish the raw edges.

My little helper while the Remington Man was out hunting.

This was my other big upgrade.  Carpet squares donated for free!!! Yeah!!  This is one of the best upgrades so I can put down the little one and let her crawl.  I was sore from holding her the whole wet and muddy day!

One step at a time.  Eventually I would love to give it a coat of paint; but I might need some adult help to watch the little one.
Check out other thrifty redos at Thrifty Thursdays and Trash to Treasure.

Comments

  1. Hubby and I lived in a 40-year-old trailer while building our house. It's pretty amazing how a few little touches can make it homey and comfy. And the foam mattress? Won't sleep on anything else now!

    The one thing you have that I didn't is a sweetie-pie to help out! Priceless! :)
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like everything that is worth it, it takes time! Good Luck! and she's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable daughter you have. And how cool to have a home away from home to decorate! Love your ideas. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One step at a time! Have fun making it homey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a fun little place, and your baby is so cute! That's neat that you got the carpet squares donated. I always think that spaces like that are fun decorating projects.

    Happy Thrifty Thursday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts