Dove Poppers (Better than the chocolate!)

The Remington Man had a little fun while providing for his family this weekend.  Here in Northeast Oklahoma it is Dove season.  After a successful hunt he made us these delicious appetizers.  Soooo good!  For those watching my weight loss journey; I only had one popper and then pried myself away.  But I can say I can't wait for Dove season next year!

Here is how it was done:
Step One:  Find yourself a Remington Man to get the Dove to your kitchen.
Step Two:  Marinate the breast in Italian dressing overnight.
Step Three:  Add a jalapeno sliced pepper.
Step Four:  Add a chunk of cheese.
                            
Step Five: Wrap in Bacon.  Keep in place with toothpick.
                            
Step Six:  Grill.  It is done when the bacon is done.  
                             
Step Seven:  Take off grill.
                            
Step Eight:  Eat and Enjoy!

I am participating in the recipe exchanges on the Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Blessed with Grace.
Like what you saw?  Have a suggestion?  Let me know.  I love comments!

Comments

  1. Okay, I have to admit that I am going to have to take your word on it. I consider myself a fairly adventuresome eater, but I might have to take some convincing to sample it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those look delish! :D I don't ever knock anything until I try it even though it sounds odd. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fabulous. I imagine those of use without doves handy could substitute other meat. Either way it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sherry. I didn't grow up eating game so I try to remember in the 1800's we would be thankful for any meat at our table and surely they came up with ways to make it taste good. And Kristen I agree I think you could substitute any other meat. Come January I'm thinking about trying it with duck...but chicken would work too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do something similar with duck breasts. Hubby isn't a dove hunter, so I will have to scout around for some. I would love for you to join me at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesday. It's easy, fun and economical! Come on over and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that I have never eaten dove. When I saw it in the title I thought you might be referring to dove chocolates :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. at first, i was like oh no, this looks terrible (because it was just the dove - raw - and the pepper) and once you add cheese and bacon, i'm all about it! [the last picture] looks delicious, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know those are great! Thanks for linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was there when they made the originals.They are great. You can have them without the pepper and they are perfect for kids or people who do not really like spicy.

    - Sydney the Niece

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts